Club Brugge ace Emmanuel Dennis Bonaventure and Cadiz B winger Isreal Peter Akpan made the final waitlist of players named by head coach Imama Amapakabo for Nigeria U23 game against Libya.
Bonaventure who is a regular starter for the Blauw-Zwart in Belgium with impressive performance both in the Jupiler League and the UEFA Champions League, Akpan is relatively unknown to numerous Nigerians back home.
The 21-year-old winger ascended through the ranks at Cadiz from the U19 to the B team of the Spanish second tier where ex Nigeria U23 defender Saturday Erimuya also ply his trade now.
The duo are among the fifteen players and five Nigeria Professional Football League ( NPFL) players who made coach Imama’s final list of players for the two-legged tie against Libya on the 20th and 25th of March.
- Etboy Akpan ( Akwa United)
- Stephen Manyo ( Enyimba)
- Olatunji Oluwadare ( Enyimba)
- Fatai Adebowale ( Shooting Stars(
- Tosin Kehinde ( CD Feirense B)
- Kelechi John ( Rio Ave B)
- Bede Opara ( Vilar de Perdizes)
- Ugochukwu Anumudu ( Lobi Stars)
- John Lazarus ( Lobi Stars)
- Ebube Duru ( Lobi Stars)
- Kelechi Nwakali ( Porto B)
- Azubuike Okechukwu ( Rizespor)
- Kingsley Michael ( Perugia)
- Chidera Eze ( Portimonense)
- Peter Akpan ( Cadiz B)
- Blessing Olabiran ( Tambov FC)
- Dennis Bonaventure ( Club Brugge)
- Uche Okereke ( Spezia)
- Taiwo Awoniyi ( Mouscron)
- Orji Okonkwo ( Montreal Impact)
- Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal)
- Adamu Abubakar ( El Kanemi)
- Olawale Oremade ( Kwara United)
- Galadima Mohammed ( Nasarawa United )