Manchester City has not made an official bid for Alexis Sanchez as January transfer window gets in progress, says Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.
The Chilean forward Sanchez has once again been linked to Premier League side Manchester City after a proposed transfer move to the Etihad Stadium collapsed on deadline day four months prior.
Pep Guardiola told journalists after Sunday’s 0-0 draw at Crystal Palace that he anticipated that Sanchez would stay at Arsenal but a knee ligament injury to Gabriel Jesus could incite a renewed push for a player who is out of contract toward the end of this season.
Germany playmaker Ozil and midfielder Jack Wilshere are likewise moving toward the end of their deals at Emirates Stadium but Wenger told a news conference ahead of Wednesday’s home match against Chelsea that no offers had been coming.
“We have not been reached by anyone, no,” he said.
Wenger underlined his desire to keep every one of the want-away star players, while Wilshere has offered positive signs indications in the wake of recovering his Arsenal career back on track, the possibility of losing Sanchez and Ozil does not threaten the long-serving French boss.
“This club has lost many big players and has always responded well,” the 67-year-old said.
“Massive players have left this club, so this club will always be in a strong position on that front. But obviously, you want to keep your best players.
“As long as things are not signed, you can say you are positive or negative or super positive.
“If things are not signed you shut up and you announce things when they are concrete. It is as simple as that.”
Wenger confirmed Arsenal’s intention is to look for reinforcements during January and acknowledged the contract impasses would inform his thinking.
“We are out there to do some things, yes, but when is very difficult to say because it does not depend only on us,” he added.
“We are open in any position for exceptional players who can give us a plus. It depends a little on the injuries as well.
“Also, it depends on who will extend their contract of the players who are out of contract in June.
“We’ll have to take the consequence of these decisions and respond to it.”