Financial experts KPMG have announced the results of a survey they conducted to assess the financial values of European top stars, with the Brazilian securing top spot ahead of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
KPMG exclusive algorithms depend intensely upon an analysis of past football transfer dealings that have been carried out across Europe in the past six seasons. In the wake of investigating thousands of transfer, the Football Benchmark team of KPMG’s Sports Advisory practice has contrived a direct relapse model to distinguish the most applicable factors that impact the financial value of any player.
All factors that have an impact on the transfer value and that could be collected were considered amid the advancement period of the models.
In this manner, a few drivers – each with their own particular weight – were recognized as key to assessing the market value of football players. These are:
Contract: the appraisal of a player’s contractual circumstance with his present club;
- Player’s playing position (i.e. goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, forward);
- Age and nationality;
- Contract: assessment of a player’s contractual situation with his current club;
- Individual sports performance: assessment of the player’s on-pitch performance (e.g. goals, assists, minutes played, dribbles, tackles);
- Disciplinary actions (i.e. number of fouls, number of red and yellow cards);
- Assessment of the player’s performance with his national team (e.g. number of international matches, international goals);
- Assessment of the player’s media and commercial potential (if significant);
- Team performance and characteristics: sporting results, league competitiveness, economic and financial aspects of the club, etc.;
- Team dependence: evaluation of the importance of a given player in his playing team;
- The timing of player’s transfer and economic profiles of potential recruiting and selling clubs.
Thus having certified every one of the results for the top players in Europe, tKPMG discharged their rankings of the most valuable European based players in the game at present. Paris Saint Germain boasts the top two players on the list; Neymar is number one with a value of £206.5million, while French sensation Kylian Mbappé is not far behind with a value of £193.8m. Argentine Lionel Messi joins the PSG duo in the top three, as he is assessed to be worth £183.2m in the present market.
Further down the list, Liverpool’s Mohammed Salah is the Premier League’s top fare, with a value of £151.6m; this keeps him over any semblance of Tottenham striker Harry Kane (£136.1m), Chelsea’s Eden Hazard (£133.5m) and Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne (£116.6m). Following on from this are French World Cup champions Antoine Griezmann (£113.2m) and Paul Pogba (£107.5m).
Amazingly, Juventus and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo sits outside of the top ten. The former Real Madrid is valued £96.5m, which is just shy of ten million more than what the Old Lady paid Real Madrid for him in the Summer. It is felt that Ronaldo’s age, he is sue of turn 34 in February, is the key purpose behind him not being set higher in the rankings.
EUROPE’S 10 MVPs
10. Philippe Coutinho, Barcelona (£106.5m)
9. Paul Pogba, Man United (£107.5m)
8. Antoine Griezmann, Atletico Madrid (£113.2m)
7. Kevin De Bruyne, Man City (£116.6m)
6. Eden Hazard, Chelsea (£133.5m)
5. Harry Kane, Tottenham (£136.1m)
4. Mohamed Salah, Liverpool (£151.6m)
3. Lionel Messi, Barcelona (£183.2m)
2. Kylian Mbappe, PSG (£193.8m)
1. Neymar, PSG (£206.5m)
News6 days ago
Eden Hazard Playing As A Striker Helps Chelsea Defensively – Sarri
Europe6 days ago
De Gea’s Heroic Performance Squeeze Manchester United Past Spurs
Europe6 days ago
Securing Champions League Spot “More Difficult” – Unai Emery
News2 days ago
The Writing Is On The Wall’ It’s Obvious Ozil Does Not Fit In Unai Emery’s Plan
Africa3 days ago
Jayden Bennets Returns To Watford After Flying Eagles Training Camp
Europe9 hours ago
Henry Onyekuru Hat-Trick Helps Galatasaray Secure Biggest Win In 32 Years
Africa5 days ago
Official : Esperance De Tunis Secure The Signing Of Junior Lokosa
Europe2 days ago
Semi Ajayi Pledges Future With The Millers