Chelsea FC players reportedly informed former coach Steve Holland about Antonio Conte‘s training techniques, but the Italian rejected such talk as has lashed out at b******t reports.
Conte led Chelsea to the Premier League title last season, but they currently struggling to keep pace with Manchester City so far this season, Conte’s intense work on the training field reportedly rubbing Chelsea players the wrong way.
Carlo Ancelotti has been linked with a return to Stamford Bridge and senior players were said to have informed the former assistant Steve Holland, now part of the England set-up, to reveal to him he was missed at the club.
Conte confronted the media ahead front of Saturday’s trip to Bournemouth and expressed that Holland had reached him to deny the story’s veracity.
Conte said: “I think that around us there is a lot of bull***t.
“It’s true. If I see in the past, it happened with other managers – a lot of bull***t and they try to create problems between me and the club, me and the players.
“It’s not good that this person has to send me a message to tell me ‘I’m sorry but this is not true, I’m sorry if you want me to do an interview I’m ready’.
“Why put another person in this b******t? Why?
“If you want to hit me, hit me. I’m ready. But don’t put another person [in it], I hate this kind of situation.”
Ancelotti is out of work after being sacked by Bayern Munich, but Conte does not fear being usurped by his former boss at Juventus.
“I’m in touch with Carlo as he’s my friend,” Conte said. “He does not mean nothing. Why? Honestly, I don’t read a lot.
“I don’t care what the newspapers write about my future. This is my job. Carlo is my friend and I have great respect for him.”